Thursday, July 30, 2015

Sixty-Six

That's how many stairs there are to get to my apartment, which I've had to climb each day for five days with the elevator being out.  If you had told me one day I'd be doing 66 stairs a day for a week, I'd have looked at you like a tiny door opened in your head, and then a little clockwork bird popped out on a spring going "Coo-koo!"

I did sweat profusely, I did take the stairs slowly due to my stroke... but I had no trouble doing four flights.  This is way different from my past.

I no longer sit down and rest on the way to or from work from the subway.  I didn't even notice I'd stopped doing it at first.  After a week I guess I did.

I need to stop going to The Melt.  I have gained weight back.  As much as I hate shopping for clothes, I'd rather keep the weight off.  Maybe the soup place, they have an awesome Greek salad.

Anyway.  Me.

No comments: