Friday, April 3, 2015

The Move

The next few days are going to be hectic.

In addition to continuing my full time job (and working this weekend so that my travel days aren't deducted from my first paycheck), I have to tie up loose ends.  See my cousin before I go.  He will want to drink, but that's okay if I have Mango-ritas again.  My uncle whom I've never met died this week, his funeral is tomorrow... I feel guilty about not going, but the thought of pall-bearing as a final duty here makes me want to get my tits out.  Besides, the family is the one saying focus on my move, so I'm honoring their wishes.

I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop... this job seems too good to be true.  For one, what they really need is a copywriter... because I think the boss is used to a different style than what I began churning out in Dallas.  Just writing, it is so fucking hard.  It exhausts me, it exhausts my brother.  He'd honestly rather be in the gym.  Putting together the fiddle-faddle is easy, it's finding a new way to sell it that makes it stand out that is the challenge.

I seem to be succeeding on that front, anyway.  A few hiccups, but that's to be expected in the beginning.  Everything else is on the air.

I am back.


No comments: