Thursday, January 30, 2020

The Flu-zy

I expected some weight loss but not this... 25 pounds, all because my little brother gave me the Flu.

He called a few weeks ago asking to be taken to Urgent Care with a temp of 102.6.  Of course I rushed him out there.  On the way to his house, I passed two ambulances stopped at a farmhouse where cops were waving me past.  This was right when tales of this Coronavirus started popping up.

Rather than taking precaution like making him wear his shirt over his mouth or cover it completely with a bandana, we just went to the hospital, and he apparently had Superflu and three days later I came down with Captain Tripps too.  25 pounds later...

It's odd, because when I weighed this in SF I realized I could just keep doing the same thing and keep losing weight.  It took about six months of doing nothing special (okay, walking I guess) to get down to 290.  I wonder if I keep just being a bland and boring person, perhaps I can do it again.  Six months... right about the time I was planning on moving again.

Suddenly Doctor Who is good again.  I wonder if they can keep this up.

No comments: