Sunday, May 27, 2018

Raisin' me higher and higher

Out of the blue I got a raise.  

I mean, I still am looking for a full-time job with benefits, but I was pleasantly surprised because I can't remember the last time I got a raise doing radio that didn't involve getting a new job somewhere else.

Technically, beginning next month, I'll be back in the black again, and if no other knock-on-wood unexpected expenses crop up, I will be able to work on my credit card debt next... my car is paid off already, two years early.

(Oh also I have paid my car off.)

I think the next thing to do is to buy an actual, custom built audio/video editing rig, so that I might also begin editing video again and doing voice-work.  My brother's house is all wood, so it's nearly impossible to voice anything without sounding like you're in an echo chamber.  Plus this laptop really doesn't have the power to render graphics like I want to start doing.  Also, I'd be able to supply character voices for my projects, and play an MMORPG I have my eye on that's in development.

Also I am thinking of buying a Nintendo Switch.

Anyway, back to work.

No comments: