Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Matthew 7:5 & Intervention failure

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

A really idiotic right-wing talk show host made fun of Obama for trying, unsuccessfully, to quote this bible verse; he got "beam" wrong, which he mistakenly used the word "log," as opposed to what most other translations use, which is "plank."  The intention was the same, a piece of wood.


The host then went on about "mote" thinking the President meant "moat," which is a water-filled ditch circling a dwelling, saying, shouldn't it also be a piece of wood?  It makes no sense!  Completely missing, of course, that Obama got that part of the verse right and the previous part wrong.

The bible is fraught with contradictions, but I found this one particularly ironic, given how pious the host acts.  It's like Tea-Baggers who demand drug tests for people on welfare, despite all the evidence that says this is a waste of money, since poor people can't afford drugs, flagrantly spending their gummint monies on frivolous things like food and rent.  Sometimes oxygen is wasted on these people.

++++++++++++++++++++

I have a small tolerance for hypocrisy, mostly because I despise it when I find myself practicing it, because it seems I never get away with it, yet everybody else seems to enjoy it with abandon.  Out of everything I count as my sins, my hypocrisy is one I've definitely paid for, so when I see it in others I want them to pay.

But honestly, you can only do that if you have a conscience.  Many don't.  The technical term for this used to be "sociopathy," i.e. having no empathy, but I'm sure they've reclassified it and renamed it something so that sociopaths don't feel so bad about being assholes.

I will not find out if my new life begins before the end of the month.  It is another countdown I have to endure... the Waiting Game is important to get to the best position in life, and I've been impatient too many times, wanting the good things to happen to me when I didn't really believe I deserved them.  Now I do, but I can't rush it.

Eh, I had a lot to say about stuff, but it'll have to wait.  I am dog tired.  And now sleep.




No comments: